Why this is important
Creating a ServiceNow Center of Excellence and Innovation (CoEI) will help drive your vision for digitizing workflows. And running your CoEI well means you can improve your ServiceNow scale, velocity, and risk management.
1. Set the foundations for your CoEI
2. Define a charter and structure for your CoEI
3. Define your engagement and delivery model with business, service, and process owners
4. Define the right resourcing model 5. Operationalize your CoEI and advance your vision for digital transformation
The most important things to know
A CoEI consolidates teams for strategy, business engagement and delivery, platform architecture and support, and innovation to reach value faster and advance ServiceNow’s role as an enterprise platform for digitizing workflows. A CoEI removes the organizational seams that can inhibit your ability to move from vision to value with ServiceNow.
Some aspects of your CoEI may look similar to CoEs in place for other platforms, but your CoEI should have unique competencies and resources for developing innovations in productivity and enhanced employee and customer experiences. Don’t just “relabel” platform support, project management, or application development for ServiceNow as a CoEI—instead, your CoEI’s value is in leading and coordinating these activities in pursuit of your strategic vision.
The payoff of getting this right
Successful CoEIs are able to realize—and accelerate—value realization from ServiceNow across the enterprise as they:
- Set and oversee policies and processes that guard against technical risks, like ungoverned customization
- Improve the scale and velocity of development teams
- Help business lines discover new opportunities for innovation, both in terms of productivity and experience